Wednesday, May 20, 2009

About me

I just moved to Pittsburgh in July of 2008, and I'd say that I only just recently admitted to myself that I live here.  Not that I don't like Pittsburgh or anything, but I was still holding on to my past life on the "other side of the state."  I'm here for graduate school, and I kept my address in the Philly area until March.  An unexpected change in my personal life (for the better, most definitely) has led me to being *permanently* located in le Burgh.  

So here I am, a new girl in PGH, and I'm trying to figure out what that means!  I've been all over this state it seems.  I grew up the Lehigh Valley, moved to central PA, then back to the Valley, then down toward Philly, and now I'm here.  Whoa!  I can't get myself out of PA.  In that time, I've developed a serious love of food... cooking, eating, and shopping.  I plan to explore all that Pittsburgh has to offer in the world of food and beverages.  Chances are I'll venture out beyond the world of food, so I'll comment on that as well.  I love learning about new places and trying to figure out the true essence of a city.  Why live somewhere if you're not going to dive in head first and really experience it for what it is?  Essentially I'm trying to figure out who I am and where I'm going now, and exploring Pittsburgh will hopefully aid me in that process.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment